SAORI Looms & Equipment
People sometimes assume that weaving has to be complicated and time consuming.
SAORI looms have been designed for ease of use and storage. They provide comfortable flexibility encouraging freedom to experiment, allowing you to focus on being creative and to indulge in the joy of weaving with the least amount of technical interference.
Most SAORI 2 and 4 shaft looms are foldable and height adjustable.
When buying a loom from SAORImôr you get all the help you need in choosing the right loom for you.
- Try the range of SAORI looms to see which you find most suitable for your weaving and lifestyle choices.
- See and try out various accessories to enhance your personal comfort. Discover the range of equipment which comes with your loom and additional optional extras for you to consider.
- Have a one-to-one session to become familiar with all the features of your own loom.
- Benefit from our dedicated after sales care service. Only a phone call away for any technical trouble shooting.
For more information on the wide range of 2 and 4 shaft looms available please do visit the studio, give me a call or book a class and I will be happy to help you find the SAORI loom that will suit you best.
A range of beautifully made and well considered equipment is available to perfectly complement your SAORI loom and enhance your weaving experience.
- Clipping Tying Rod. This new type of rod invented by Kenzo Jo clips the end of the warp threads so you do not have to tie and tension them. This rod enables you to make an easy and speedy set-up of the warps. (click to view video)
- Inside Set. By purchasing an extra “Inside Set”, you can remove your work from the loom while still in progress and put another work in its place. A cost effective way for a groups of weavers to time share a loom as each inside set effectively creates another loom.
- Ready Made Warps. A weaver can skip the warping process, thus making threading easier and less time-consuming.
- Warping System. A weaver can make their own warp, warp & thread up at the table, thus making threading more comfortable and less time-consuming.
SAORI makes weaving accessible to all. With accessories and adaptations to enable those with restricted movement it is completely inclusive and is truly suitable for people of all ages and all abilities:-
Shuttle Shelf Lets you weave with only one finger or even with a foot.
- Hand Switcher and Weight. A weaver can switch the harness and weave using only hands or feet.
- Flat Pedal Beam for Wheelchair. Lets a weaver in a wheelchair roll in close to the loom. The brace has 5 height settings, allowing you to raise the loom up to 12.5cm (4.9″) from the floor. Also helpful for tall weavers.
- Shuttle with Pegs. A weaver can easily move this shuttle by pushing the two pegs with a finger or a stick held in the mouth. It is very easy to handle, with a wide slot to insert a medium-sized bobbin into and a large hole to feed the thread through.
- Beater Handle. Helpful if a weaver has a bad back, stiff shoulders or elbows by lessening the reach to the beater.
- Bobbin Winder Guide. Allows bobbins to be would with only one hand.